2016 Why I’d Love to Retire in Tallahassee, Florida Contest – Official Rules
- Eligibility: No purchase is necessary to enter the Choose Tallahassee – 2016 Why I’d Love to Retire in Tallahassee Contest (the “Contest”). The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States (and the District of Columbia) who are at least 55 years of age or older at the time of entry who are retired or plan to retire in 2016. It is Choose Tallahassee’s hope that the winner will move to Tallahassee in Fall 2016. The winner acknowledges that some benefits of the contest are limited in time. No person who is a legal resident of Leon County, Florida, or who currently resides in Leon County, Florida, is eligible to participate in this contest. An entrant may be an individual, a couple, a family, or a household so long as at least one of member of the couple, family, or household is eligible to enter individually. The Contest, as further described below, consists of three rounds during which the winners will be determined. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Contestants may enter only once per person/household/retirement family.
- Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored and administered by Choose Tallahassee, Inc., a not-for-profit corporation.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Being declared the winner in this Contest is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing: The Contest begins on February 1, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on June 1, 2016, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). The Contest consists of three rounds as outlined in the chart below:
Start Date (at 12:00 a.m. EST)
End Date (at 11:59 p.m. EST)
|Round 1: INITIAL ENTRIES & SELECTION of 25 Semi-Finalists|
|Step 1: SUBMISSION of initial entries||Mon. 2/1/16||Sat. 4/30/16|
|Step 2: JUDGING: Selection of 25 Semi-Finalists||Mon. 2/1/16||Mon. 5/9/16|
|Round 2: ANNOUNCE 25 SEMI-FINALIST and 5 FINALISTS|
|Step 1: ANNOUNCE: 25 Semi-Finalists *||Tues. 5/10/16|
|Step 2: SUBMISSION OF VIDEOS
by 25 Semi-Finalists. No videos will be posted until all are submitted.
|Tues. 5/10/16||Mon. 5/16/16|
|Step 3: VIDEOS POSTED for Public||Wed. 5/18/16|
|Step 4: JUDGING to pick 5 Finalists||Wed. 5/10/16||Mon. 5/23/16|
|Step 5: ANNOUNCE: 5 Finalists **||Tues. 5/24/16|
|Round 3: GRAND PRIZE WINNER SELECTION|
|Step 1: SKYPE INTERVIEWS and JUDGING to pick Grand Prize Winner.||Wed. 5/25/16||Sun. 5/29/16|
|Step 2: WINNER NOTIFIED||Sun. 5/29/16||Mon. 5/30/16|
|Step 3: WINNER ANNOUNCED||Wed. 6/1/16|
*Semi-Finalists notified on Website or by email. Each must submit their video between 5/10/16 -5/16/16 and MUST include the Choose Tallahassee logo branding in some way.
**5 Finalists notified on Website or by email. Each must do the Skype Interview between 5/25/16 – 5/29/16.
Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter:
- Round 1: During Round 1, to submit your entry, visit ChooseTallahassee.com and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form, including providing a valid email address. Then follow the links and instructions to complete the entry fields for your name, age, email address, residence city, and residence state, and then provide written answers to four questions (1,500 character limit per answer). You must also submit along with your Entry, a recent, clearly recognizable photo of yourself (the “Photo”) and must include the person/persons who will retire with you to Tallahassee Your answers to the four questions and Photo will be collectively referred to as your entry (“Entry”). By uploading your Entry, you agree that it conforms to the Entry Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Entry and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes your Entry fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- Round 2: (Video Submission by Semi-Finalists): If your Entry is determined to be one of the top 25 entries you will be declared a Semi-Finalist and invited to create and submit a short video (each a “Video”). To enter Round 2 to you must submit the Video between Tues. 5/10/16 and Mon. 5/16/16 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Round 3 (Interviews of Finalists): If your Entry (based on both Round 1 and Round 2 uploads) is determined to be one of the top five entries you will be invited to be Skype interviewed by Choose Tallahassee’s panel of local judges selected at the sole discretion of Sponsor. As further addressed below, the panel will select the Winner.
- Entry Guidelines, Restrictions and Prohibitions:
- Entry answers to the four questions must not exceed 1,500 character limit per question.
- The Entry must be in English;
- The Entry Photo must conform to the format and size limits specified on the website upload page;
- The Photo must have been taken within the 24 months of the date of the Entry;
- The Photo must be of you; if any other person is included, you must submit a release signed by that person, or if a minor, his or her legal parent or guardian; must include the person/persons who will retire with you to Tallahassee.
- The Photo must not be altered or manipulated, except for cropping, red eye removal and adjustment for color and brightness;
- The Photo may be color or black and white;
- The Entry answers must be your own original work and the information conveyed must be true and about you; and
- Entry answers cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
- Contestant may enter only once per person/email/household-retirement family.
- Content Restrictions:
- The Entry must not include any private information of a third party such as name, address, phone number, or email address;
- The Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Entry must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
- The Entry must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to create and upload a Entry in this Contest;
- The Entry must not contain text, images or artwork not created by entrant;
- The Entry must not contain material that Sponsor deems to be inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Entry must not contain material that Sponsor deems to promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or to promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Entry is created.
- Video Criteria: The criteria for the Video shall be specified in the Video Assignment Agreement but will include:
- Video must conform to the format and file size limitations as specified on the website;
- The Video must not be less than 30 seconds nor more than 90 seconds in length;
- The Video cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means;
- The Video must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Video must not disparage Sponsor, or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
- The Video must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Entry in this Contest; but MUST include the Choose Tallahassee logo branding in some way.
- The Video must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant; other than the Choose Tallahassee logo/branding.
- The Video must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Video must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- The Video must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Video is created; and
- The Video must contain or depict the entrant; and
- If the Video also contains or depicts individuals other than entrant, you must submit a release signed by that person, or if a minor, his or her legal parent or guardian,
- Entry Limit: Each Contest entrant may upload only one Entry. No more than one entry per person/email/household or retirement family.
- Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to upload more than one Entry by any method will void that entrant’s Entry and the entrant will be disqualified from this Contest. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
- Release and Consent. Uploading an Entry (or a Video, if you are invited to create one) constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable, assignable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Entry in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign further documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Entry or any portion thereof.
- Non-conforming Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected Entries, which will be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Contest Winner Determination:
- Round 1 (Selection of 25 Semi-Finalists): Twenty-five Semi-Finalists will be selected from among the entries as follows:
- Judging based on completion of entry form, submission of photo that includes those retiring with you and answering the 4 questions.
- By Panel of Judges: Twenty-five Semi-Finalists will be selected by a panel of local judges using the following evaluation criteria:
- Overall quality of entry (34%);
- Uniqueness of entry (33%); and inclusion of Choose Tallahassee logo branding
- Ability to present compelling desire to move to Tallahassee (33%).
- Sponsor reserves the right to increase the number of Semi-Finalists if necessary to accommodate ties in their method of selection. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than 25 Potential Semi-Finalists, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries.
- The Semi-Finalists will be notified on or around May 10, 2016.
- Semi-Finalists will be required to sign Sponsor’s Publicity and Liability Release (except where prohibited by law) and a Video Assignment Agreement.
- Round 2: (Video Submission by Semi-Finalists; Selection of Five Finalists): Five Finalists will be selected from among the Semi-Finalists based on the content of the original Entry and the Video. A panel of local judges will perform judging. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than five Finalists or to increase the number of Finalists if necessary to accommodate a tie.
- The 5 Finalists will be notified on or around May 24, 2016, and each Finalist may be required to sign an additional Sponsor’s Publicity and Liability Release (except where prohibited by law) and an additional Video Assignment Agreement, as well as to pass a background check to Sponsor’s satisfaction (collectively the Publicity and Liability Release and Video Assignment Agreement are referred to as the “Finalist Documentation Package”). If any Finalist cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Finalist Documentation Package to Choose Tallahassee within 5 days after notification or attempted notification, or if any Finalist fails the background check, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Finalist will be disqualified and an alternative Finalist will be selected. In the event of disqualification, Sponsor will select up to one alternative Finalist per available Finalist slot, if time permits.
- Round 3 (Interviews of Finalists): A panel of local judges will Skype interview each of the five Finalists. Based on that interview, the original entries and the videos, the panel will select the Grand Finalist, who will be eligible to be declared the Grand Winner of the Contest.
- Grand Winner Claim Process and Other Conditions Precedent To Being Declared the Grand Winner:
- The Grand Finalist will be notified by email, mail or phone on or around May 29-May 30, 2016.
- The Grand Finalist will be required to sign and return to Choose Tallahassee Inc., within 14 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release (including Social Security Number) (the “Grand Winner Claim Document”) in order to claim the status and rights of the Grand Winner and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Choose Tallahassee as conditions precedent to being declared the Grand Winner.
- If the Grand Finalist cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Grand Winner Claim Document within the required time period, he or she forfeits being the Grand Winner and is disqualified. If the Grand Finalist is disqualified for any reason, the First Runner-Up will be named the Grand Finalist and will be notified by email or phone as soon as practical. Upon receipt of such notice, the successor Grand Finalist must comply with the condition of subsection ii) above.
- If the successor Grand Finalist cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Grand Winner Claim Document within the required time period, he or she forfeits being the Grand Winner and is disqualified. If the successor Grand Finalist is disqualified for any reason, the Second Runner-Up will be named the Grand Finalist and will be notified by email or phone as soon as practical. Upon receipt of such notice, the second successor Grand Finalist must comply with the condition of subsection ii) above.
- If the second successor Grand Finalist cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Grand Winner Claim Document within the required time period, he or she forfeits being the Grand Winner and is disqualified. If the second successor Grand Finalist is disqualified for any reason, the Sponsor will declare the Grand Prize void and it shall not be awarded.
- The Grand Finalist who fulfills all of the above requirements shall be deemed the winner (the “ Winner”) of the Contest. The Winner will be required to comply with all of Sponsor’s requirements for the upcoming year, which will be provided at the time of notification, but may include any or all of the following: be available for any scheduled local and/or national press opportunities that arise during year the process of relocating to and living in Tallahassee; share bi-weekly updates with Sponsor regarding what he/she is accomplishing during the year (updates may be leveraged for local and/or national publicity and must be written and supported with photo or video where applicable): leverage digital channels in which they are influential to showcase their journey over the course of the year off (sample executions could include posting status, photo or video updates on specified social media about their adventure or by participating in chats. Details will be determined based on the individual selected as well as the channels in which he/she is most active/influential).
- Acceptance of any Winner shall constitute and signify the Winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, Entry and/or Video, and/or Winner information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, the Winner and each Finalist shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Entry and the Video and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Entry and the Video for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Entry and/or Video and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Entry and/or Video. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 11 below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
- Winner must be available to complete all tasks mandated by Sponsor during the contest year, otherwise Winner forfeits the Winner and an alternate Winner may be chosen. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with Winner receipt and/or use and will be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 from Sponsor reporting such Winner to the Internal Revenue Service.
- Five Semi-Finalists will each receive a trip for up to two people to Tallahassee to get acquainted with the city. Travel for Semi-Finalists must originate from the commercial airport nearest to the Semi-Finalist home town and include someone you will retire with. Length of trip, date of trip will be determined. Trip includes airfare, hotel accommodations, food and entertainment while in Tallahassee. Estimated value: $3000 per trip.
- Grand Prize Contest Winner. The awards presented to the Winner will include the following:
- Rent Free Home Award: The Winner shall receive a rent-free home for a 12-month period, subject to federal and state tax; (NB: not assignable, may not lease, only for personal occupancy by winner). Award will be $2000/month rental fee paid to landlord of rental property (any extra rent paid by winner); if rent is less than $2000/month, no reimbursement for difference; OR $24,000 to be paid at closing towards the purchase of a home in Tallahassee. Award does not include moving costs to Tallahassee. Does not include utilities, or other items not listed above.
- Other Amenities:
- Tallahassee Senior Center: 2 Participant slots in the TALL Senior Leadership Program; 2 Registrations for the L3X Lifelong Learning Extravaganza; 2 complimentary tickets to Deck the Halls; 2 complimentary tickets to Silver Stars Gala. Estimated value: $700.
- FSU’s Seven Days of Opening Nights: 2016-2017 Opening Nights “Friend” Membership and 2 free tickets to 3 mutually agreeable performances on the 2016-2017 season. Estimated value: $550.
- City of Tallahassee Parks, Recreation & Neighborhood Affairs Dept.: 2 VIP Tickets to Winner Festival; 2 VIP Tickets to Celebrate America on July 4th. Estimated Value: $200.
- Challenger Learning Center of Tallahassee: 1-year Family Membership to the Challenger Learning Center. Estimated Value: $100.
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute: Two annual memberships and two classes (which includes participation in the OLLI book club, writer’s group, fields trips, cultural events and more!) Estimated Value: $330.
- Tallahassee Symphony Orchestra: Two season tickets to the 2016-2017 season concerts of the Tallahassee Symphony Orchestra. Estimated Value: $360-$425.
- Tallahassee Community College: Two season tickets to Theatre TCC! This includes three shows for one year. This also includes pre-show receptions on Opening Nights. Estimated Value: $250.
- Westminster Oaks Active Living Community: 10 percent discount on Entrance Fee to Westminster Oaks (up to $10,000) if the winner comes into Westminster Oaks within 3 years of moving to Tallahassee (must be 62 or older) and / or 2 free tickets to all Westminster Oaks’ Cultural Endowment events for first year after moving to Tallahassee. Estimated Value: $10,000.
- Artist Series of Tallahassee: 2-Passports for the Artist Series 2016-2017 Concert Season. Each passport has six tickets that can be used in any combination or any of the season’s five performances. Estimated Value: $198.
- Historical Capital Museum: 2 Annual Memberships to Florida Historic Capital Museum. Estimated Value: $70.
- Theatre Tallahassee: 2 Season tickets to 2016-2017 Season. Estimated Value: $180.
- Lunch with Mayor and County Commissioner: Estimated Value: to be determined
- Premier Health & Fitness: 2-1 Year Memberships. Estimated Value: $1307.
- Tallahassee Democrat Newspaper: 1 Year Subscription. Estimated Value: $264.
- Avenue Eat and Drink Restaurant: $50 Gift Certificate: Value: $50.
- Harry’s Seafood Bar and Grill: 2-$10 gift certificates. Value: $20.
- John G Riley Museum: 1 Year Membership for 2. Estimated Value: $40.
- Mission San Luis: Family Level Membership. Estimated Value: $40.
- Red Hills Horse Trials: One Patron Sponsorship package for horse trials and Trade Fair: Estimated Value: $1,000.
- The School of Theatre at Florida State University: 2 Season Tickets 2016/2017 Season. Estimated Value $198.
- Tallahassee Museum: 1 Year Membership for 2 to Museum plus other events & discounts: $50.
- Comcast: Basic Cable and Internet. Estimated Value: $588.
- Springtime Tallahassee: 1 Year Membership. Estimated Value: $475.
- Hilaman Golf Course: 1 Year Membership. Value to be determined.
- Four Points by Sheridan: 2 nights at Four Points Hotel and Dinner for 2: Value to be determined.
- Florida State University: 2 tickets to a football home game. Game and Value to be determined.
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (FAMU): 2 tickets to all home football games. Value to be determined.
- 101 Restaurant: Gift Certificate to be determined.
- Tallahassee Ballet: Gift Certificate to be determined.
- Tallahassee Community Chorus: 2 Season Tickets to 2016-2017 Concert Series and parking pass. Estimated Value: $425.
- Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Award Package is: $41,459. The ARV is only an estimate and may be subject to market fluctuation of retail prices. As such, there may be a difference between estimated ARV and the actual ARV at the time you redeem your award. The value reported to the IRS and subject to tax, as required by law, is the actual ARV at the time you redeem your award.
- For All Awards: Terms and conditions of coupons and tickets apply. No substitution, exchange, sale or transfer of any award by the Winner is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any award or award component for one of equal or greater value. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with Winner receipt and/or use and will be issued a 1099 from Sponsor.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Choose Tallahassee, Inc., and their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective agents and agencies, promotional partners, Winner’s partners, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or use of the Winners, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (e) late, lost, or caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest, receipt of use of any Winner (including, without limitation, injury and/or damage incurred during related travel activities). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or its associated winner selection and/or notification (the “Contest Administration”) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida or the appropriate Florida Circuit Court located in Tallahassee, Florida; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, awards for punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest and Promotion Administration, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
- List of Semi Finalists, Finalists and Winner: For a list of the Semi-Finalists, the Finalists, and the Winner visit www.ChooseTallahassee.com. Each of these will be posted on or about the date listed in the Round Chart above.