Whether you’re a newcomer or a longtime Tallahassee local, there’s so much our city has to offer. Explore everything there is to do, eat and see throughout this next year!
2024 marks the 200th anniversary of Tallahassee, making the New Year’s celebration extra special this year! With a rich history of innovation, collaboration and creativity, Florida’s state capital offers so much to visitors, newcomers, and locals alike.
We invite you to take this year to explore all our city has to offer. Peruse below and make a goal to check some of these iconic “Tallahassee To Dos” off your bucket list in 2024. What are you waiting for? There’s so much to explore!
For the Visitors: Why Choose Tally?
If you’re new here, you might be asking yourself this question. Below, residents and business owners have shared stories that showcase the many wonderful aspects of living in Florida’s capital city. We’ve organized our content into sections so you can easily find what best suits your interests and aspirations.
- Why Robert Blacklidge Chose Tallahassee
- “Tallahassee is a special place to live” by Bill and Carol Boynton
- Welcome to Tallahassee: Why Tallahassee immediately felt like home
- Why I Chose Tallahassee – Jeremy Cohen
- Why I Chose Tallahassee – Michelle Bono
- Tallahassee is a Perfect Match
- From the Big City to a Smaller Community: A Move During COVID-19
- Tallahassee Chose me – 3 Times!
Tallahassee is for Everyone
- Tallahassee: No Longer Just For Retirees
- Follow the Trail to Tallahassee
- Tallahassee Culture
- Tallahassee: The Generous City
- There’s no place like family-friendly Tallahassee
- Domi Station Launches 3rd Act for Local 50+ Residents
- Entrepreneurship in Tallahassee
- Best Cities for Young Professionals in 2021
- Tallahassee Community College Launches TCC2WORK Program
- Tech Companies in Tallahassee
- Start a Business in Florida
Our Get to Know the Local Community series explores the city’s four main districts: Northeast, Northwest, Midtown, and Southside Tallahassee. Each of these areas provides unique attributes that residents love. Our content provides detailed insights into what locals value about their neighborhoods, covering specific details about local restaurants, shopping, schools, and more. We recommend reading these if you are considering relocating to Tallahassee or if you’re a resident looking to get acquainted with other areas of the city.
- Get to Know the Local Community: Northeast Tallahassee
- Get to Know the Local Community: Northwest Tallahassee
- Get to Know the Local Community: Midtown Tallahassee
- Get to Know the Local Community: Southside Tallahassee
Tallahassee’s government actively supports local businesses and provides resources to assist you in your next business venture. When we say Tallahassee is a supportive community, we mean it – residents take pleasure in backing local businesses and contributing to their success. Here, we’ve included information that acknowledges local businesses in the area, so you to help #supportlocal in Florida’s capital.
- #LoveYourLocal on Small Business Saturday
- Capital City Pedicabs: More Than Just A Man On A Bike
- Veteran-Owned Businesses in Tallahassee
- Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce Partners with Local Businesses to Launch Classroom Connection
Things To Do
Living in a capital city has the added benefit that there is something for everyone. Alongside various other activities, the area provides a diverse array of pursuits related to music, fitness, nightlife, and outdoor adventures. Explore the range of enjoyable activities Tallahassee has to offer by delving into our content; you’re certain to find something that piques your interest!
- Antiquing Stores in Tallahassee
- Literary Treasures in Tallahassee
- Tallahassee Golf Courses
- Performing Arts in Tallahassee
- Gyms in Tallahassee
- Tallahassee Libraries
- Tallahassee Groups to Join on Social Media
- Yoga in Tallahassee
- Tallahassee Boutiques
With a Friend
- Live Music in Tallahassee
- Tallahassee Date Night
- 11 Free Things to Do in Tallahassee
- Coffee shops in Tallahassee
- 100 Things to Do in Tallahassee (Resident’s Edition)
- Bars in Midtown
Popular Places to Eat
Tallahassee excels at providing a diverse array of local restaurants that provide both ambiance and culinary perfection. Local eateries are springing up all over the city, and residents have a passion for diverse cuisine. This material has been compiled to acknowledge some of the city’s most renowned locations.
- Indian Restaurants in Tallahassee
- Tallahassee Bakeries
- Brunch in Tallahassee
- Vegan Restaurants in Tallahassee
- Our 5 Favorite Lunch Spots in Tallahassee
Tallahassee Art Scene
Recently, we devoted a series of posts to the area’s most gifted and diverse artists. Explore this content to discover new artists, their experiences, and how Tallahassee has influenced their creative endeavors. To stay up to date on the arts and events in Tallahassee, you can visit the Tallahassee Arts Guides’ website. You can also check out the Arts & Culture section under the Things to Do in Tallahassee tab of our website. Other artistic pursuits in Tallahassee include The Tallahassee Ballet, Young Actors Theatre, and the Lemoyne Arts Galleries and Exhibits. Find what best caters to your passions!
- Meet Tallahassee Artist Olusegun “Segun” Williams
- Meet Tallahassee Artist Patrice Floyd
- Meet Tallahassee Artist Gerri Seay
- Meet Tallahassee Artist Donna Cotterell
- Meet Tallahassee Artist E. Marie Sissle
- Meet Tallahassee Artist Adam Allen
- Meet Tallahassee Artist Keith Rodgers
- Meet Tallahassee Artist Sherika Duncan
- Meet Tallahassee Artist Darius “Doc D” Baker
Holidays & Celebrations
Witnessing the community coming together to celebrate holidays and other significant events is exceptionally stimulating and inspiring. This year, we recognize Tallahassee’s Bicentennial Celebration, where the community will unite to engage in festivals, events, and fundraisers. Visit their website to find out how you can participate in this once-in-a-lifetime celebration, and explore the activities you can take part in during the holidays and other special commemorations below.
- Tallahassee Festivals
- Choose Tallahassee Celebrates Black History Month!
- Hispanic Heritage Month in Tallahassee
- Women’s History Month
- Easter Egg Hunts in Tallahassee
- Tallahassee Gifts
- Christmas Lights in Tallahassee
There is an array of spectacular attractions that are just a short drive from Tallahassee, from beach towns and cities to national parks and springs. These locations are ideal for extended weekends or day trips with friends and family.
Whether you’re a newcomer or a longtime Tallahassee local, there’s so much our city has to offer. Explore everything there is to do, eat and see throughout this next year, and be sure to tag #ChooseTLH in your adventures!